Sunday, November 30, 2025
HomeLifestyleBeauty & HealthAngola has begun the process of preparing its National Health Accounts

Angola has begun the process of preparing its National Health Accounts

Published on

spot_img

Angola has begun the process of preparing its National Health Accounts (NHA) for the period 2020 to 2023, a strategic step towards strengthening efficiency and equity in health sector financing. The Ministry of Health (MINSA) leads this process, with technical support from the World Health Organization (WHO) and funding from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) through the INTEGRA initiative. 

The preparation of the CNS will enable the country to identify how health financial resources are mobilized, distributed, and used, contributing to better decision-making and progress towards Universal Health Coverage. The exercise will be carried out between November 2025 and April 2026, using the international System of Health Accounts 2011 (SHA 2011) methodology. 

Data collection and analysis will be conducted in health facilities and municipal and provincial administrations in the provinces of Bié, Cuando, Malange, Luanda, Uíge, and Zaire, covering the public and private sectors, international donors, civil society, non-governmental organizations, insurance companies, households, and cooperation partners. Support from the INTEGRA initiative will enable coverage of four of the six provinces, namely Bié, Cuando Cubango, Uíge, and Zaire. According to IIMS 2024, these provinces face greater challenges in accessing essential health services, reinforcing the importance of their inclusion in the study. The study will review and adapt data collection tools, quantify health financial flows, identify services provided, and determine who benefits from investment in the sector. 

The work will culminate in the preparation of the Angola National Health Accounts Report 2020–2023, aligned with WHO standards. “The preparation of the National Health Accounts represents an important milestone in strengthening governance and improving the efficiency of the sector,” said Dr. Indrajit Hazarika, WHO Representative in Angola. “This exercise responds directly to the Government’s priorities set out in the 2023–2027 National Development Plan, which highlights the strengthening of governance in the health sector. With solid data, Angola will be better able to direct resources where they are most needed and ensure that no one is left behind,” said Denise António, UNDP Resident Representative in Angola. 

The last edition of the NHA in Angola dates back to 2011 and analyzed the period 2006–2008. Since then, the country has faced significant challenges in health financing, from growing pressure on demand for services to the need to strengthen primary care, epidemiological surveillance, and investments in human resources and infrastructure. 

The new NHA exercise therefore comes at a crucial moment, enabling the government and partners to identify high-priority areas to optimize resource allocation and strengthen the resilience of the health system.

For WHO and UNDP, supporting the country in the regular development of National Health Accounts is essential to promoting the financial sustainability of the sector and contributing to a more robust and equitable health system capable of responding to the needs of all Angolans.

Latest articles

I’m better suited to Bundesliga football – Super Eagles and Brentford midfielder Frank Onyeka

Frank Onyeka, Raphael Onyedika during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, WM, Weltmeisterschaft, Fussball Qualifier match between Nigeria and South Africa at Goodswill Akpabio International Stadium. (Photo credit: ImagoxShengolpixs) Super Eagles midfielder Frank Onyeka believes that his style of play is best suited for the German Bundesliga, Soccernet.ng reports. ​Onyeka spent last season on loan at

Chukwueze’s assist pivotal as Fulham secure 2-1 away win at Tottenham Hotspur

Please enable cookies. Sorry, you have been blocked You are unable to access soccernet.ng Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word

Ligue 1: Monaco stun champions PSG 1-0 at Stade Louis II

Takumi Minamino scored the decisive goal as Monaco stunned reigning champions Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) 1-0 in their Ligue 1 clash at the Stade Louis II on Saturday. The 30-year-old Japanese international, formerly of Liverpool, struck just past the midway point of the second half to hand PSG only their second domestic defeat of the season.

TotalEnergies reaffirm plans to groom players for Nigeria’s national teams from OML-58 area

Olivier Cassassoles, Deputy Managing Director, TotalEnergies, handing over the trophy to captain of the victorious Obagi FC. TotalEnergies has concluded plans to groom players for the Super Eagles and other arms of the national team. The talents would also be encouraged to go international in their football careers. The players are to be sources from

More like this

I’m better suited to Bundesliga football – Super Eagles and Brentford midfielder Frank Onyeka

Frank Onyeka, Raphael Onyedika during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, WM, Weltmeisterschaft, Fussball Qualifier match between Nigeria and South Africa at Goodswill Akpabio International Stadium. (Photo credit: ImagoxShengolpixs) Super Eagles midfielder Frank Onyeka believes that his style of play is best suited for the German Bundesliga, Soccernet.ng reports. ​Onyeka spent last season on loan at

Chukwueze’s assist pivotal as Fulham secure 2-1 away win at Tottenham Hotspur

Please enable cookies. Sorry, you have been blocked You are unable to access soccernet.ng Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word

Ligue 1: Monaco stun champions PSG 1-0 at Stade Louis II

Takumi Minamino scored the decisive goal as Monaco stunned reigning champions Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) 1-0 in their Ligue 1 clash at the Stade Louis II on Saturday. The 30-year-old Japanese international, formerly of Liverpool, struck just past the midway point of the second half to hand PSG only their second domestic defeat of the season.
Share via
Send this to a friend