Our editors and specialists handpick each product we function. We might earn a fee out of your purchases.
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 1 package deal (1/4 ounce) energetic dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups heat water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 massive egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilly water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 wood skewers
- In a big skillet, cook dinner bacon over medium warmth till partially cooked however not crisp. Take away to paper towels to empty; put aside.
- In a big bowl, dissolve yeast in heat water. Add sugar, butter, salt and a pair of cups flour. Beat till easy. Stir in sufficient remaining flour to kind a comfortable dough (dough will likely be sticky).
- Flip dough onto a floured floor; knead till easy and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning as soon as to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat place till doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a Dutch oven, convey 8 cups water and baking soda to a boil. Punch dough down; divide into 6 parts. Roll every portion right into a 32-in. rope. Fold every rope in half making a the other way up V form. Place 1 bacon strip barely excessive of strand, and braid across the bacon, layering a second bacon strip midway. Pinch ends to seal; tuck underneath. Add to boiling water, separately; cook dinner 30 seconds. Take away with a two slotted spoons; drain on paper towels.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Calmly beat egg yolk and chilly water; brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake till golden brown, 12-Quarter-hour. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with extra coarse salt, if desired. Take away from pans to wire racks. Insert skewers; serve heat.
1 pretzel: 533 energy, 21g fats (9g saturated fats), 61mg ldl cholesterol, 1699mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.